Dashia Lanai interns with the Akron RubberDucks
Digital Media Journalism major and senior Dashia Lanai recently completed an internship with the Akron RubberDucks. The RubberDucks are a AA minor league affiliate of the Cleveland Guardians. Dashia was excited to earn this internship, as she describes her experience.
"During Summer 2026 I interned with the Akron RubberDucks as a Media Relations/Social Media Intern. I was able to gain hands-on experience creating social media content, developing posts that connect with fans, and learning how to strengthen a team's brand and relationship with its audience.
I also got to grow my love for sports videography, especially shooting games on Sony cameras. My internship advisors Rebecca Krenzar and Jimmy Farmer were amazing at growing me throughout the summer and were the best mentors ever!
Previous to this internship, I interned as a Communications Intern with the Great Midwest Athletics Conference (G-MAC). The G-MAC prepared me for my time with the RubberDucks.
Two internships throughout my collegiate journey have allowed me to make the decision to pursue my master's degree post grad!"

Comments
Post a Comment